Using End-to-End Tracing to Troubleshoot and Diagnose Device Problems
Analyze end-to-end (E2E) tracing to troubleshoot client issues. E2E tracing sessions are conducted by administrators and device users. E2E trace information is recorded in a Business Transaction XML (BTX) file on the client, which is uploaded to the server, and then uploaded to SAP Solution Manager for analysis.
- Configure the client to support E2E tracing using the supportability-related tracing APIs. For more information, see the Developer Guide for your platform.
- Configure SAP Solution Manager settings on SAP Mobile Platform Server.
- Set the E2E trace level in the application's client policies.
- The user initiates tracing on the device.
- The user performs the transaction that requires tracing.
- The user stops tracing on the device.
- The user uploads the BTX file to SAP Mobile Platform Server.
- The BTX file is uploaded to Solution Manager where it can be analyzed.