Configuring the Managed System
After you upload the initial payload from Management Cockpit, SAP Mobile Platform is added to SAP Solution Manager as a managed system. The managed system definition enables diagnostic capabilities in Solution Manager. You can view the managed system configuration in SAP Solution Manager, and make additional configuration changes.
Ensure Introscope Agents are configured against Introscope Enterprise Manager as described in SAP Note 1990123 - Managed System Configuration for SAP Mobile Platform 3.0 with SAP Solution Manager 7.1: https://css.wdf.sap.corp/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=0001990123
- From SAP Solution Manager, open SAP Solution Manager Configuration Workcenter.
From the left pane, select Managed Systems Configuration.
- In the right pane, click the filter icon, and use the filter tool to locate System Type "SAP Unwired Platform"; and then choose SAP Unwired Platform.
- Select Technical Systems to set up a managed system for SAP Unwired Platform.
- Click Configure System, and select Full Configuration.
Select the product, and Assign Diagnostic Agent.
Select Enter the System Parameters, and enter values for the
SAP Mobile Platform installation.
Sybase Control Center host
Default: host name of the SAP Mobile Platform 3.<x> installation
Sybase Control Center port
SAP Mobile Platform Cluster Admin user/password
Create a separate user in the SAP Mobile Platform Management Cockpit
Sybase Unwired Server Management port
Unified Management port
Select Enter Landscape Parameters, and verify that the landscape
parameter for SAP Mobile Platform is pointing to the correction
SAP Mobile Platform Server instance path=<<$Install Location of SMP$>>
Select Configure Managed System, and complete automatic and manual
configuration steps without errors. Follow the instructions under
- To verify the configuration, follow the procedure in Viewing Workload Analysis Data, and see if you are gathering data from the SAP Mobile Platform system. You need to wait for the data to collect, since it is not collected in real time.