Using SSL Between SAP Mobile Platform Server and the Back End
Use SSL to secure HTTPS channel communication between SAP Mobile Platform Server and the back end.
SAP Mobile Platform secures interactions between SAP Mobile Platform Server and back-end systems. This security component includes device application back-end connections and notification communication.
- Use Management Cockpit to create an application with an
HTTP/HTTPS back end.
- For one-way SSL, do not provide a certificate alias.
- For mutual SSL, provide a certificate alias.
- Add the back-end certificate into the SAP Mobile Platform Server
- Upon connection between SAP Mobile Platform Server and the back end, the back end sends it certificate.SAP Mobile Platform Server validates against the back end certificate stored in the keystore.
- Upon successful certificate validation, SAP Mobile Platform establishes a server to back-end connection, and further request responses occur using the secure channel until the session expires.