Configuring an LDAP Provider to Use SSL
If your LDAP server uses a secure connection, and its SSL certificate is signed by a nonstandard certificate authority, for example it is self-signed, import the certificate into the key store, then use Management Cockpit to configure an LDAP security profile.
- Use the keytool utility to import the certificate into the keystore.
- Restart SAP Mobile Platform services.
- Log in to Management Cockpit for SAP Mobile Platform.
- Navigate to Settings, then select Security Profiles. Select the desired security configuration in which to add the LDAP provider.
- Add a Directory Service (LDAP/AD) authentication provider to an existing security profile or create a new profile if needed.
- In Authentication Provider Settings, configure the ProviderURL, Security Protocol, ServerType, Bind DN, Bind Password, Search Base, and other properties as determined by you and your LDAP administrator.
- Choose one of the two methods below to secure a connection to the LDAP
- Use ldaps:// instead of ldap:// in the ProviderURL.
- Use ssl in the Security Protocol.
- Click Save.