Configuring New Database Installations
SMS Builder installs with an embedded SQL Anywhere database that you can use for development and testing. For production, use either an IBM DB2 or an Oracle database.
A database administrator (DBA) should install, configure, and support a production database. Installation procedures vary by database platform; review them with your DBA. Run database scripts to create a tablespace, database objects, and the initial data.
- Review the database scripts that are included with the product for compliance with corporate policies.
- Perform the appropriate tasks for your database:
Database Perform These Tasks IBM DB2
- Configure the DB2 Database.
- Enable the DB2 JDBC Driver.
- Configure the Oracle Database.
- Install the Oracle JDBC Driver.
- Enable the Oracle JDBC Driver.