Managing Registrations and Users
Manage multiple native, hybrid, Web, and MobileBI application registrations from a single location. Registered applications are associated with a user, an anonymous user, or nosec_identity on one or more devices.
When a user accesses an application from a device, the application is registered. View information for all application registrations, or retrieve a filtered subset of registrations. For hybrid applications, if the developer has implemented Logger code in the application, you can upload and view client logs. You can also delete registrations.
- The server generates a registration ID for the application+user+device combination, and creates a record in the database, which allows the device application to consume SAP Mobile Platform data and services.
- SAP Mobile Platform Server sends the registration ID to the device application.
- For subsequent requests such as those to access a back-end data source, the device client sends the registration ID to the server.
- In Management Cockpit, select Registrations and Users.
- (Optional) Select filtering options to display a subset of application registrations:
You see information for registered applications.
- For Application Type, select All, or the application type to narrow the scope of application types.
- For Application ID, select All, or the Application ID to narrow the scope of applications.
- For Device Type, select All, or one or more device types to narrow the scope to specific devices.
- For Number of Entries, select the maximum number of registrations to display. Limiting the number of registrations improves performance.
- For From and To, use the date picker to identify a specific date and time range.
- For User Name, type a specific user name to search only for that name.
Field Value User Name Name of a person using the application registration. If the application is configured to "Allow Anonymous Access", the user name "anonymous" is used for a successful registration, and can indicate:
- The user did not provide credentials.
- The user provided the wrong credentials.
- The URL is prefixed with /public/.
Registration ID System-generated application registration ID. Application ID Unique identifier for the application, in reverse-domain notation. This is the application or bundled identifier that the application developer assigns or generates during application development. The administrator uses the application ID to register the application with SAP Mobile Platform, and the client application uses the application ID to send requests to the server.
The application type, such as Hybrid or Native.
Device Type The parameter value, such as Android and iPhone, sent by the device during registration/onboarding. "Unknown" indicates that the device type cannot be detected. Last Connection/Registration Time The date, time, and time zone the application was registered, in the format MMM DD YYYY HH:MM:SS TZ. Is Tester
(Applies only to hybrid) Select Yes to specify that the user is a tester; otherwise, select No. You cannot change this value for other applications. The default value is No.
Users who are defined as testers can test hybrid apps that are in the staged state. See Uploading and Deploying Hybrid Apps.
Client Log Settings
Enable log upload, specify the log level, and indicate how log to keep logs before deleting for the selected row.
- (Optional) Use filtering and sorting options to display a subset of the registration results.