Importing an Application Configuration
Import the application configuration from one SAP Mobile Platform Server environment to another.
Many configuration settings are retained, but you must reconfigure some application settings for the target server environment.
- You can define or update an application configuration during import. If the mapped authentication profile does not exist, the application is mapped to the “default” authentication profile. If the back-end configuration or mandatory passwords are missing, the application is marked as inconsistent, which means it is not ready for use.
- Importing an application configuration does not necessarily make it ready for use. Administrators must review the imported application, and make any necessary adjustments to make it consistent and ready to use.
- For hybrid apps that use the AppUpdate plugin, you still need to manage the application version using .
- For Agentry applications, the imported application overwrites an existing version of the application. You must configure the imported application for the target server environment. Currently, Agentry applications do not check for missing passwords or configuration entries. The application is consistent if the authentication profile is set.
- In Management Cockpit, select Applications.
- Click .
- In Import Configuration, enter a file location. Click Browse, select the application configuration ZIP file,
and click Open.
Upon completion of a successful import, you see a summary message indicating the result for each imported component.
- If any manual changes are made to an exported ZIP file, it cannot be successfully imported. A failure message appears during import.
- Importing overwrites any existing application with the same ID.
- Passwords, such as for APNS, BES and anonymous user settings, are not available, so the application is marked inconsistent (excluding Agentry).
- Resource bundles, if any, are overwritten.
- The URL information, for example, back end or BES URLs, is not overwritten during import.
- Use the information in the summary message to finish configuring the application for the target server environment.