SAP Mobile Platform Server Overview
SAP Mobile Platform Server is an OSGi based application server that provides both application services and core services. Application services are specialized for a specific application type. Core services can be accessed and used by any application type.
Application services consist of services for Mobiliser and Agentry applications.
- Application Analytics – usage statistics that can be displayed graphically in Management Cockpit.
- App Resources – containers of dynamic configurations, styles, or content that can be downloaded by Native applications.
- Data Integration – standards-based integration to both SAP and non-SAP back-end systems.
- HTTP(s) Configuration – open standards for client communications.
- Lifecycle Management – managing and deploying multiple versions of a hybrid application.
- Management Cockpit – deploying, managing and monitoring native, hybrid, Agentry, and Mobile BI applications.
- Offline OData Service – optimizes the transport of data between the backend and the client offline store.
- Push Notifications – native notifications sent from back-end systems to the server, which forwards them on to the clients.
- Security Profile – authentication services based on third party identity management systems.
- Supportability – logs for monitoring system health and troubleshooting.