Viewing Server Usage Reports
View usage statistics for the SAP Mobile Platform Server. Usage reports appear in graphical form and provide a summary of application registrations, number of users and requests, and response times.
Enable applications to collect usage information; to get registration information, there must be registered users.
Server log data is updated periodically, based on the last refresh.
- In Management Cockpit, select .
Select the appropriate Usage option to filter the usage
- Registrations (by Time) – view the number of active registrations during a time period.
- Registrations (by Device Type) – view the registered device types, for example, Android, BlackBerry, and iOS.
- Users (by Application) – view the number of active users per application.
- Requests – view the number of requests made during a time period. Does not include offline requests.
- Response Time – view the response time, in milliseconds, per time period. Response time is reported for SAP Mobile Platform Server, authentication, and the back end. Does not include offline response times.
- Offline Requests – view the number of offline requests made during
a time period. Requests are reported only for offline OData
applications. Operations requests include:
Initial Download ‒ complete the initial build of the database file on the server, and download the offline data store.
Refresh ‒ complete refresh of the offline data store from the server. May be full or delta-only.
Flush ‒ complete flush of local changes from the offline data store to the server. Delta-only.
Offline Response Time – view the average response time for offline requests per time period. Response time is reported only for offline OData applications.
Threshold Hit Count for Application – view the number of times that incoming requests hit the threshold that is set for the application. Incoming requests include registration, online, and offline requests.
Threshold Hit Count for Connection – view the number of times that incoming requests hit the threshold that is set for the connection. Incoming requests includes online requests.
Outbound Traffic (by Application) – view the outbound HTTP traffic statistics for one or more applications.
Outbound Traffic (by Connection) – view the outbound HTTP traffic statistics for the selected connection.
- Select the Time Frame to gather and display the statistics report: Today, Yesterday, Last 7 Days, Last 4 Weeks, Last 3 Months, or Last 12 Months.
To change the format in which the data appears, select the appropriate icon in the
top-right corner of the page. You can expand the page, and you can toggle
between displaying and hiding the legend.
For offline request and response time statistics, you can use the legend to drill down and view more information about the selected statistics, including time period, category, number of milliseconds, and number of values represented.For threshold hit counts, you can use the legend to drill down and view more information about the selected statistics. You can also view the report data in a table format. Keep in mind:
If you select multiple applications, the value reflects a sum value.
If you select a single application or connection, the value reflects only the selected application or connection.
If the threshold hit count chart shows no data, it indicates that the server is in a good state. The actual request count is lower than the threshold value.
If the charts show a lot of data, the server load may be too high, or the threshold value may be set too low. You may want to adjust the thresholds to better control incoming traffic requests.
For outbound traffic statistics, you can use the legend to drill down and view more information about the selected statistics. You can also view the report data in a table format. These values are for statistical comparison only, and are not comparable to values used for billing.