Recovering the repository
To recover an Information Steward repository and synchronize it with the current CMS system database:
- Stop your web application to prevent users from accessing the Information Steward repository during recovery.
- Restore your Information Steward repository to a backup that you created with your database backup utility.
- Make a backup of the
InstallUtility.properties file, which is the default configuration file for the
- On Windows platforms, back up this file <SAP_BusinessObjects>\InformationSteward\MM\config\InstallUtility.properties.
- On UNIX platforms, back up this file <SAP_BusinessObjects>/InformationSteward/MM/config/InstallUtility.properties.
- Open the
InstallUtility.properties file to
- Enter the path and file name of
the recovery report file that the utility will generate for this recover
For example: reportFilePath=<SAP_BusinessObjects> /MM/log/ISRepoUtil_Recovery_report
- Verify that the values of the
following parameters are accurate for the database you are using for your
Information Steward repository.
- racString (if your database is Oracle RAC)
- Enter the path and file name of the recovery report file that the utility will generate for this recover operation.
- On the machine where you performed
installation type for Information
from the command line.
- Open a command window and change
to the bin directory where the
ISRepositoryUtility script is located.
For example, on Windows platforms:
cd C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\InformationSteward\MM\bin
- Enter the
ISRepositoryUtility command, the
the password to connect to the CMS, the repository password, and the path of
the recovery report file.
ISRepositoryUtility recover boePassword "myPass1" password "myPass2" reportFilePath "C:<SAP_BusinessObjects>\InformationSteward\MM\log\recovery_report.log"
- Open a command window and change to the bin directory where the ISRepositoryUtility script is located.
- Look for the completion message in the command line or in the log
<SAP_BusinessObjects>\InformationSteward\MM\log\ISRepositoryUtility_<timestamp>.log. When the utility completes successfully, the following message appears:
Utility has completed successfully.
- Restart the web application.
- Metadata Management Integrator Sources
- Metadata Management utility configurations (except for Purge, Calculate Scorecard, Computer Report Lineage, and Update Search Index)
- Metadata Management Source groups
- Data Insight profile and rule tasks
- Data Insight Connections
- Data Insight Projects (except for Enterprise Project)