Creating a new repository
To create a new SAP Information Steward repository and associate it with the current Central Management Console (CMC) system database:
- Create a database to use for the
Information Steward repository.
For a list of supported database types, consult the Product Availability Matrix located on the SAP Customer Portal.
- Stop your web application to prevent users from accessing the Information Steward repository during recovery.
- Make a backup of the
which is the default configuration file for the
- On windows platforms, back up the properties file located in <SAP_BusinessObjects>\InformationSteward\MM\config\InstallUtility.properties.
- On UNIX platforms, back up the properties file located in <SAP_BusinessObjects>/InformationSteward/MM/config/InstallUtility.properties.
- Open InstallUtility.properties and change the values of the connection parameters to the values of the database you created in step 1.
- If you want to overwrite an existing repository, change the value of the -o
parameter in the InstallUtility.properties file to
- On the machine where you performed
the Primary installation type for Information Steward, run
ISRepositoryUtility from the
- Open a command window and change
directory where Information
Steward is installed.
For example, on Windows platforms type the following:
cd C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\InformationSteward\MM\bin
- Enter the
ISRepositoryUtility command and
For example, type the following:
ISRepositoryUtility create boePassword "myPass1" password "myPass2"
- Open a command window and change to the bin directory where Information Steward is installed.
- After you create the repository,
restart the Web Application
Server and CMS.