Creating Geo Spatial Models from HANA Calculation Views
You can import a location-enabled model from a live HANA calculation view and use this data source to add multiple location dimensions to a new model.
To create a Geo model in SAP Analytics Cloud from calculation views on a live HANA system:
- The HANA system should be at least on SPS11 on 112.07 or higher or SPS12 on 122.03 or higher.
- You must perform data preparation steps from SAP HANA Studio. For more information see SAP Note 2395407.
- From the () Main Menu, select .
to create a new model.
The Create Model From Live Data Connection dialog is displayed.
- In the System Type field, select SAP HANA.
Then in the Connection field, select the name of the live HANA
system containing the calculation views you want to import.
Provide your access credentials to the system in the displayed Set Credentials dialog.
- Select the name of the calculation view you want to import from the Data Source list.
Provide a name for the new model and select
The calculation view is imported and saved with the new model.
(Create a Location Dimension) icon.
The Create Location Dimension dialog is displayed.
In Create Location Dimension, map the location identifier for your
calculation view with the corresponding location data and mapping
Field Required information Location Identifier Select the key column which contains the identifier for the locations View Name Select the location data view. Location Dimension Name This name is automatically generated from the Location Data name. Identifier for Mapping Select the name of the key column of the location data view.
- Save your model.
You can now visualize the location data on a geo map.