Connecting to an R Environment
Configure a connection between SAP Analytics Cloud and an R environment.
- Name of the host system running the R environment on which Rserve is installed.
- The R environment connection port.
- Access to the R environment via the requisite certificate and user credentials. For more information on how to setup your R environment, see https://help.sap.com/doc/ba23463df44849efbfcb862169069d63/release/en-US/BOC-R-integration_g.pdf.
Use the steps below set up a connection to your externally hosted R environment. If the R server connection is not configured, you can still run scripts on an R server runtime environment provided by SAP, which is available to tenants operating through the following data centers AP1,BR10, EU1, EU10, JP10, US3, and US10.Your SAP Analytics Cloud URL indicates which data center you are connected to.
- Go to .
- Set R on Live Data Models if you want users to create R-visualizations based on data from live HANA, BW, S/4HANA, and Universe models.
To connect to an external R environment:
- Select the (Edit) icon.
Set Remote R connection to on.
NoteUse this option to disconnect your system from the R server runtime environment deployed by SAP Analytics Cloud if it is available in your region. All configuration from this point on will impact all your users.
Under Connection Details, provide the following
- Host: host computer on which your R environment is running.
- Port: port used to connect to the R environment.
A certificate is required to connect your R environment. Under
Certificate, you have the following
Upload File: select this option to upload the source file containing the certificate.
Paste Certificate: select this option if the certificate is copied to your (operating system) clipboard.
Under Credentials, provide the User
Name and Password required to
connect to your R environment.
You should select Check Configuration to ensure that your connection has been successful.