Installing the SAPCP Cloud Connector
How to install the SAP Cloud Platform (SAPCP) cloud connector to enable data acquisition.
You must use a System Owner account to perform the following steps. If you do not know who the system owner is, log on to SAP Analytics Cloud and go to . If the system owner has left your company you can transfer ownership to another user. For more information, see Transferring the System Owner Role
You must know your S-User account ID. If you do not know your S-User account ID, contact your SAP Administrator or SAP support.
- SAP Analytics Cloud can
be hosted either on SAP data centers or on non-SAP data centers (for example,
Amazon Web Services (AWS)). Determine which environmentSAP Analytics Cloud is
hosted in by inspecting yourSAP Analytics Cloud URL:
- A single-digit number, for example us1 or jp1, indicates an SAP data center.
- A two-digit number, for example eu10 or us30, indicates a non-SAP data center.
In order to create an import data connection to an SAP Business Planning and Consolidation (BPC) system, an SAP Business Warehouse (BW) system, an SAP Universe, an SAP Enterprise Reporting Platform (ERP) system, OData, or SAP S/4HANA On-Premise connection, you must set up and configure the cloud connector.
Choose one of the following options:
- Perform the following steps if you are a customer with a newly
provisioned tenant hosted on an SAP Data Center.
- In SAP Analytics Cloud, go to .
- Select (Edit).
- In the SAP Cloud Platform (SAP CP) Account section, enter your S-User account ID, and then select Add S-User. When the S-User account ID is accepted, account information will be displayed.
- Record this account information, because you will need it for setting up the cloud connector in step 5.
- Select (Save).
- Perform the following steps if your SAP Analytics Cloud
tenant is hosted on a non-SAP data center:
- Open a Product Support Incident using the link https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#incident/create.
- Select the component LOD-ANA-BI.
- Provide the following information along with the error message:
- Your SAP Analytics Cloud tenant URL ending in sapbusinessobjects.cloud or sapanalytics.cloud.
- S-User and E-Mail Address of the system owner of your SAP Analytics Cloud Tenant.
- Proceed with the next steps after you receive a confirmation email from SAP.
- Perform the following steps if you are a customer with a newly provisioned tenant hosted on an SAP Data Center.
- Download or locate an existing SAP JVM.
Extract the SAP JVM on the server where the SAPCP cloud connector will be installed, and
note the folder location.
For example, unzip the file into C:\SAP JVM\sapjvm_8.NoteIt is recommended, but not mandatory, that the SAPCP cloud connector, SAP Analytics Cloud agent, and the SAP JCO are installed together on a dedicated server, and not a personal computer. This helps to ensure that multiple users can use an import data connection without experiencing slowness or downtime.
Installing the Cloud Connector on premise.
You can download the SAPCP cloud connector here. You must specify the SAP JVM folder during the installation.NoteEnsure that you select the option to start the cloud connector after installation.
Perform the initial configuration.
The following information should be used in the Set Up Initial Configuration dialog:
- Region Host: <Your SAP Analytics Cloud tenant>
- Subaccount: <Your SAP Cloud Platform account name>
- Subaccount User: Enter your <S-USER username> if your SAP Analytics Cloud system is on an SAP data center or enter an Email address if your system is on a non-SAP data center.
- Password: <S-USER password>
- Location ID: Leave empty to use the default location, or add the ID
of the location you set in SAP Analytics Cloud.Note
If you enter Default as the location ID, this will not connect to the default location set in SAP Analytics Cloud. We recommend that you leave the Location ID empty if you don't plan to set up multiple cloud connectors in your system landscape.
Each cloud connector instance must use a different location, and an error will appear if you choose a location that is already been used. You can click the Edit icon to change the location.
- HTTPS Proxy: If you access the internet through a proxy, specify your proxy host and port number, otherwise leave blank.
- Confirm that you are connected in the Connection Information area. You may need to select the Connect button to start the connection.
To connect to SAP BPC MS, SAP BW, SAP UNX, or SAP ERP, you must also install and configure the SAP Analytics Cloud agent. For more information, see SAP Analytics Cloud Agent.
To connect to SAP BPC NW and SAP BPC for BW/4HANA, OData and SAP S/4HANA you only need to configure the cloud connector. For more information, see Configuring the SAPCP Cloud Connector.