Using R with SAP Analytics Cloud
You can use SAP Analytics Cloud to create and edit visualizations based on R scripts.
R is an integrated suite of software that includes packages for advanced visualizations and statistics to perform the following tasks:
- Insert R visualizations into your stories.
- Interact with your visualizations, using controls such as filters.
- Edit your R scripts and preview visualizations.
- Share stories containing R visualizations with other users. With the R
visualization capability, users are able to perform statistical and analytical
analyses and create charts reflecting these analyses. These visualizations
remain interactive and consider the row-level security of users.NoteTo use R capabilities in SAP Analytics Cloud, your system must be configured to connect to an R runtime environment. For more information on connecting to an external R environment, see Connecting to an R Environment. You can also run scripts on an R server runtime environment provided by SAP, which is available to tenants operating through the following data centers AP1,BR10, EU1, EU10, JP10, US3, and US10. For a list of packages, see https://www.sapanalytics.cloud/r-packages/.NoteYour SAP Analytics Cloud URL indicates which data center you are connected to.
The following resources are provided to help users:
- The requisite code snippet for listing all the available packages installed on your R system.
- Sample R scripts for visual statistical analysis.
- A dashboard containing an R script editor, a snapshot of the environment after the R script is run, a console containing the output of the executed script, and a preview screen for the visualization.