Collaborating with Others
Use social collaboration options to support and optimize group decision-making processes.
All collaboration activity is grouped under discussion threads. Choose (Collaboration) from the main toolbar to see a list of discussions that you have been invited to. You can start a new discussion at any time by choosing (New Discussion) and inviting specific participants. Only people who have been invited can see the discussion.
- Attach a file to the discussion; files that are already stored in the file repository or files saved locally on your computer.
- Link a discussion to the currently displayed story. You can only link discussions to saved stories. To remove the link to the story select the (More Actions) icon to the right of the current title and choose on the story's image.
- Create a task for any of the discussion participants.
A discussion can be only be deleted by the user who created it. With the exception of the discussion creator, all other participants have the option to leave a discussion. You can still access and read archived discussions (available from the list of closed discussions) but no new additions can be made.
In this video tutorial, you'll use discussions in SAP Analytics Cloud to collaborate with other users in real-time and through notifications.
Notifications are used throughout SAP Analytics Cloud to send system messages to users. A notification may be sent, for example, when users are invited to join a discussion, when a comment is added to a shared story, or when reminders become due.
To read your notifications choose (Notifications) on the main toolbar. Notifications can also be read by users with the SAP Analytics Cloud mobile app and sent to users by email.
- Under Collaboration, the Comments panel lists all the comment threads posted for specific pages or widgets within a story. Under specific circumstances you can also see comments posted on data points in a table. For more information, see Adding Comments to a Data Cell.
- Whenever you create a new event a discussion thread is automatically created so that you can collaborate with the group of colleagues assigned to the event. For any actions arising from a discussion thread you can quickly create new tasks and assign these to colleagues.
- If you create a new discussion while working on a story, you need to explicitly link the discussion to the story.