Changing the Hierarchy Level in a Time Series Chart
You can change the hierarchy level in a Time Series chart to see the data aggregation at different granularity settings.
In your story, you can change the hierarchy level of a Time Series chart to show Year, Quarter, Month, and so on. When you change from a more granular to a less granular interval such as from Month to Quarter, the new view displays an aggregated value for the interval.
- In your story, select your Time Series chart.
- In the Chart Details area, select (Hierarchy) and select a different level of granularity.
If the level of granularity that you want is not available, in the
Builder, find the date dimension and then select .
- In the Set Date Range for Time dialog, select Hierarchy and choose your new option.
- (Optional) Change the Granularity and range values.
- When you have finished making changes, select OK.