Import Data Connection to an SAP BW System
How to create a connection that allows you to import models from an SAP Business Warehouse (BW) system.
- You are connecting to an SAP BW system, version 7.3x or higher release.
- You have completed one of the following setup options:
- Performed setup using the SAP Analytics Cloud Agent Simple Deployment
Kit. For more information, see SAP Analytics Cloud Agent Simple Deployment Kit.NoteThe SAP Java Connector (JCo) must be installed using the instructions in the Post-Setup Guide included in the kit.
- Performed a manual setup of the following required components:
- The cloud connector must be installed. For more information, see Installing the SAPCP Cloud Connector.
- The SAP Analytics Cloud agent must be installed. For more information, see Installing SAP Analytics Cloud Agent.
- The SAP JCo must be installed. For more information, see Installing the SAP Java Connector (JCo).
- The cloud connector must be configured. For more information, see Configuring the SAPCP Cloud Connector.
- The SAP Analytics Cloud agent must be configured in SAP Analytics Cloud For more information, see Configuring SAP Analytics Cloud Agent.
- Performed setup using the SAP Analytics Cloud Agent Simple Deployment Kit. For more information, see SAP Analytics Cloud Agent Simple Deployment Kit.
- You've assigned the required SAP BW authorizations.
R/3 Role Maintenance - PFCG
- Select role (or create a new one)
- Authorizations tab - Display/Change Authorization Data
- The following authorizations are needed for BW connections. The first table summarizes the RFC authorizations, while the second table focuses on the R/3 authorization objects required for BW.
Authorization Object Activity Name of RFC Object Type of RFC Object Comments S_RFC Execute
- Required for creating a connection - Function module RFCPING is called to verify that the connection exists.
- Error message: Proper error message is shown.
- Required for searching queries.
- An empty list is returned when the user is not authorized to access these function modules.
- Error message: No error message is shown.
- Required for executing a query/reading the metadata and data.
Authorization Object Authorizations Value Comments S_RS_AUTH
- Name of the BW authorization object defined in transaction RSECADMIN.
- Required for executing the query/reading the data.
- Not required for searching the queries.
- Activity Display is required for searching the BW objects.
- Activities Display and Execute are required for executing a query/reading query data - Restriction to specific info areas, cubes, or queries possible. Example: only query QRY_VAR_H_MDT_HNM_MDT on cube Z_SAP is visible.
- Activity Display is required for searching for BW objects.
- Activities Display and Execute are required for executing a query/reading the query data - Restriction to specific queries and/or owners possible.
.The Select a datasource dialog will appear.
- Expand Acquire Data and select SAP BW.
In the New BW Connection dialog, enter the following
- In the Connection Information section, add a Connection Name and Description.
- In the Datasource Configuration section, select the Location of your cloud connector from the list.
- Enter the Application Server, System Number, Client ID, and Language.
- Enter the User ID and the Password for your SAP BW system.
The new connection is added to the list of connections on the Connections screen.