About Importing SAP BPC Data
You can import data from SAP Business Planning and Consolidation (BPC) to create new models, or to add data to existing models. Also, you can use SAP Analytics Cloud as a BPC client extension.
Imports from versions 11.0, 10.0, and 10.1 of SAP BPC are supported:
- SAP Business Planning and Consolidation, version for Microsoft Platform (BPC for Microsoft)
- Standard configuration of SAP Business Planning and Consolidation, version for SAP NetWeaver (BPC for NW)
- Standard configuration of SAP Business Planning and Consolidation, version for SAP BW/4HANA
To import from a BPC system, the on-premise BPC system must be specifically set up to connect with SAP Analytics Cloud. Refer to Import Data Connection to an SAP BPC System for more information.
For SAP BPC 11.0, version for BW/4HANA and SAP BPC10.1, version for SAP NetWeaver, if the BPC environment does not have the HANA Accelerator on (this can be checked via the environment level IMG parameter ACCELERATOR_ON in the BPC system), make sure you refer to the consulting SAP Note 1858257 to enable member set functions in BPC first.
If you import data from BPC 10.1, version for SAP NW on BW 740, make sure you apply the SAP Note 2550738 on the BPC system.
Before you can proceed with the import from BPC, you must have set up a connection to the BPC system in SAP Analytics Cloud Connections.
- Specify the connection to be used for importing data.
- If you're creating a new SAP Analytics Cloud model, provide information about the target model.
- Specify the source BPC model information, and build a query.
- Map source data to the new or existing model.
Specifying the Connection
You first need to select the connection to the BPC system. This can be an existing connection or one that you create on the fly during the export. For more information on creating connections, see Connections.
Providing Target Model Information
If you're creating a new model, you'll need to provide a name for the target model and optionally a description. Note that the model name can't start with a numeral or any other non-alphabetical symbol, such as a space.
When importing from BPC, models are by default planning enabled.
Specify Source Model Information
Next, specify the environment, which is a set of BPC models, and the specific model to be imported.
Choose each dimension in the Source Dimensions area. You can create mappings between the source dimension and the target model dimension:
- Dimension Type (when creating a new model): The type
for each dimension. A type is automatically suggested for some dimensions,
but you can change or set the type by choosing one of the following options
from the list:
- Account: This dimension represents the accounts structure of your organization. You can have only one dimension of this type per model.
- Organization: This dimension represents the business units that drive your business. Depending on your organization, these could be operating units, geographic entities, cost centers, and so on. You can have only one dimension of this type per model.
- Date: Specifies the smallest time period to be applied to the model. You can use year, quarter, month, or day. It is created automatically when you create a model.
- Version: This is for the Category dimension.
- Generic: Any kind of business dimension that isn't an organizational one. This can include products, channels, or sales representatives. You can add multiple dimensions of this type to a model.
Once the mapping is complete, you can start the import.
Using SAP Analytics Cloud as a BPC Client Extension
In a write-back model, SAP Analytics Cloud can be used as a client extension for BPC models. You can perform planning and analysis, write your planning data back to the BPC model, and bring the newest data in from the BPC model at any time.
You can edit planning data in a public version of SAP Analytics Cloud, and when you save and publish the data, it is automatically written back to the BPC model.
Note that a public version in edit mode can't be updated from the BPC model.
Two options are available:
Pre-converted currency values in BPC are imported
Disable currency conversion in SAP Analytics Cloud. If the BPC data contains pre-converted currency data, it is imported into the model together with local currency values. In stories, you'll need to add the RPTCURRENCY dimension to the drill state to see data for all the different currencies.
Pre-converted currency values in BPC are not imported
Enable currency conversion in SAP Analytics Cloud, and choose a rate table. If the BPC data contains pre-converted currency data, it is not imported into the model. Only the local currency data is imported.