To reduce the cost of system administration, every user can easily request missing roles in SAP Analytics Cloud. Another user with appropriate authorization then approves the requested role assignment.
- A business user has sent a request for additional roles.
- A system administrator or user with permission to approve the request has received it.
NoteThis approver is defined in the settings of a role and can be:
- The business users's manager who is assigned in the user management area.
- Any user with permission to change user data as defined in the role management area.
As an Approver, do the following:
- Once you are notified that a role assignment has been requested, from the main menu choose .
Do one of the following:
- To approve a request, select the User ID and choose Approve. When you confirm the informational message that displays, the requested roles are immediately assigned to the user.
- To reject a request, select the User ID and choose Reject. In the dialog that displays, you can enter a reason explaining why you rejected the request.