Import Data Connection to OData Services
You can create a connection that allows you to import data from both on-premise and cloud data sources using generic OData services. It is possible to request a customized OData data source solution.
- Performed setup using the SAP Analytics Cloud Agent Simple Deployment Kit. For more information, see SAP Analytics Cloud Agent Simple Deployment Kit. You must also perform steps 6-12 of Configuring the SAPCP Cloud Connector.
- Performed a manual setup of the following required components:
- The cloud connector is installed. For more information, see Installing the SAPCP Cloud Connector.
- The cloud connector is configured. For more information, see Configuring the SAPCP Cloud Connector.
The SAP Analytics Cloud agent doesn't need to be installed during the configuration process.
- SAP Analytics Cloud supports OData Version 2.0. Logical Operators (such as Equal, Not Equal, Greater than, Greater than or equal, Less than, Less than or equal, Logical and, Logical or) are supported. Not logical negation, arithmetic operators, or functions are not supported.
- Embedded Complex types are not supported.
The Select a datasource dialog will appear.
- Expand Acquire Data and select OData Services.
- In the New OData Services Connection dialog, enter a name for the connection.
You can select the following options:
NoteAdvanced features of customized OData data sources, such as SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer and SAP Business ByDesign Analytics, are only available using customized data source types. These features are not available using generic OData services. It is highly recommended to use the relevant customized data source types, if available, for your data service to leverage full capability of the data connector. It is possible to request a customized OData data source solution.
- Connect to an On-Premise OData service: Make sure to complete the prerequisites before connecting to an On-Premise source using a generic OData driver. If this option is not selected, the driver will connect to cloud OData data sources.
- Connect to an SAP OData service: When you select this option, specific SAP metadata is respected. This metadata specifies default behaviors based on SAP OData services guidelines; for example, filterable and sortable are by default true, if not claimed to be false, and support basic filter operators. For more information see SAP Annotations for OData Version 2.0.
Enter the Data Service URL published during your
NoteYou may add extra url parameters in the Data Service URL field, to accommodate data-source-specific constraints on authentication. For example, you may pass in the saml2=disabled parameter to disable SAML, or sap-system-login-basic_auth=X to disable custom login. All the parameters entered in the Data Service URL field (anything following "?" in the url) are only used in the authentication flow, and are ignored in the data queries.
Select the authentication type.
The following authentication types are available:
- Basic Authentication
- OAuth 2.0 Client Credentials
- OAuth 2.0 Authorization Code
- No Authentication
Provide the authentication details based on the authentication type you selected:
- For Basic Authentication, enter the User Name and Password of the user you want to import data from.
- For OAuth 2.0 Client Credentials, enter the OAuth Client ID, Secret, Token URL and Scope (if required) of the application you want to access.
- For OAuth 2.0 Authorization Code, enter the OAuth Client ID, Secret, Token URL, Authorization URL and Scope (if required) of the application you want to access. Before the connection is created, you will be redirected to the Authorization URL of your application where you can authorize SAP Analytics Cloud to access your data.
The new connection is added to the list of connections on the Connections screen.
- If you want to create a model based on this connection, see Importing OData Services Data to a New or Existing Model.