Importing from the Content Network
The Content Network can help you share content across systems, get content for your line of business, or find sample templates, stories, and presentations.
To import from the content network, you must have permissions to read and maintain Lifecycle data. The Admin and BI Admin standard application roles contain these permissions.
The Content Network provides access to public sample content and business content, as well as any content that has been privately shared with your system.
Use of the sample content and business content is optional. You can browse the content and choose packages to add to your system from within the application. For detailed documentation on all business package content, see the SAP Analytics Cloud Content Documentation.
- Select .
- On the left pane, choose Content Network.
Choose the type of content that you want to add:
- My Content: Any packages that have been privately shared with your system from another system in your landscape.
- Samples: A collection of technical samples for stories and SAP Digital Boardroom presentations as well as templates to easily create your own layouts.
- 3rd Party Content: End-to-end business scenarios for various industries and lines of business, created by SAP partners. This content can include models, stories, and SAP Digital Boardroom presentations, and it comes ready to run with sample data or live data connections.
- SAP Business Content: Industry and line of business content created by SAP, including models, stories, SAP Digital Boardroom presentations, analytic applications, and smart predict scenarios.
A list of available packages is displayed. Any package that you have already imported to your system shows a check mark in the Imported column.
Select the package that you want to add to your system.
An overview of the content appears. To get a quick summary of the import settings and whether any existing content on your system will be overwritten, take a look at the Import Overview table.
- If necessary, select the Terms and Conditions checkbox at the bottom of the Overview tab.
- If you need to change any of the settings, select the Import Options tab.
Under Import Schedule, select one of the following options to
specify what happens when the package is updated in the content network:
- None: No updates are made on your system. This option is automatically selected for packages that cannot be updated in the content network.
- Notify for new content: You receive a notification and can choose whether to import the new version of the package to your system.
- Automatically update new content: The updated package is automatically imported to your system.
Select an option for the Overwrite Preferences.
If an object selected for import does not exist on your system, the object will be created and its data will be imported. For objects that already exist in your system, the Overwrite Preferences determine whether to update the object and its data.
- Don’t overwrite objects or data:
This setting prevents any existing objects in your system from being overwritten or updated with new data. You are notified if any of the objects selected for import already exist in your system.
For example, you can choose this setting if you have replaced the data in an imported model with your own data, and want to avoid overwriting this data.
- Overwrite data only:
If you have made changes to the structure of an imported model and want to avoid losing those changes, choose this setting.
Data is imported into each object, but the objects themselves are not updated.
The Privacy and Data Access Control settings for models, as well as the permission settings for users and roles, remain unchanged.
- Overwrite objects and data:
Objects on your system can be overwritten and their data can be updated.
For example, you may choose this option if you are not using any of the content for business tasks.
Select Including permissions to update the Privacy and Data Access Control settings for models and dimensions. The corresponding permissions assigned to each role are also updated.
- Don’t overwrite objects or data:
In the Content list, choose which objects to import, and whether to
include the data for each imported dimension and model.
You can select and deselect individual objects, or types of objects (for example, Models or Stories).
The Impacted Object column shows warnings for objects that will overwrite content on your system.
The import process begins. You receive a notification when the process is complete, or if an error occurs.
If you selected Don’t overwrite objects or data or Overwrite data only, a notification will let you know if any of the content wasn’t imported to avoid overwriting existing content.
To view the log of updates and imports for a package, select the package in the content network and choose (History).
Video: Get sample content and business content
This video tutorial guides you through the process of importing sample content and business content.