Live Data Connections to SAP S/4HANA
You can create live data connections to SAP S/4HANA systems using the Direct, Tunnel, and Cloud connection types.
To use this connection type, you must configure Cross-Origin Resource Sharing (CORS) support on your SAP S/4HANA on-premise system.
You can use the Tunnel connection type if your organization wants to expose some of your data to users outside of your corporate network, without giving them VPN rights.
Example: Giant Bread Company wants to expand their business, so they hire Very Clever Consultants (VCC) to do market research for them. VCC prepares a story with market analysis. VCC wants to safeguard this data inside their own firewall, but provide access to their customer. They don't want to give Giant's executives VPN access to VCC's network, but by providing a tunnel connection, VCC can give access to the report and its data, without compromising their network.
Note that tunnel connections are slower than direct connections.
- Systems on SAP data centers support only SAML connections, while systems on non-SAP data centers support Basic and SAML connections. A two-digit number in your SAP Analytics Cloud URL, for example eu10 or us30, indicates a non-SAP data center.
- Tunnel connection types are not supported on mobile devices in this release.
- If you want to create stories in SAP Analytics Cloud using data you have in SAP S/4HANA Cloud Edition, see Live Data Connection to SAP S/4HANA Cloud Edition via OAuth.
- If you want to create stories in SAP Analytics Cloud using data you have in SAP S/4HANA Cloud Edition, and then embed stories in your SAP S/4HANA Cloud Edition system, see Integrating SAP Analytics Cloud.
- If you want to create stories in SAP Analytics Cloud using data you have in SAP Marketing Cloud, and then embed stories in your SAP Marketing Cloud system, see Integration with SAP Analytics Cloud (1SO).
Supported Features and Usage Restrictions
For information on supported features and usage restrictions, see SAP Note 2715030.