Customize the System Notification Banner
As an administrator, you can send custom messages to your users with the system notification banner that sets to expire on a date you've chosen.
- Users with Read and Update permissions for System Information.
- Admin and BI Admin standard application roles.
About the System Notification Banner
- Communicating roll out of a new story or model, or updates to existing analytics content that you want to raise awareness to your end users.
- Downtime or other temporary outage of on-premise data source systems during which existing stories and models that use those data sources are limited in the ability to refresh or access data.
- Changes to tenant URLs or other corporate portal URLs where you want users to update their browser bookmarks they use to access SAP Analytics Cloud.
Custom messages appear in a top banner similar to the banner messages sent by SAP to communicate to customers an upcoming maintenance window, or after a scheduled update that introduces new features.
Users can click on the X button to close the banner.
Adding a Custom Notification
- From the side navigation, choose .
- Click on Edit in the upper right-hand corner of the Notifications tab to enable editing of all settings on the page.
- In the System Banner Notification section, click the OFF toggle to change it to ON.
Write your banner message in the Banner Content
Your message has a limit of 140 characters.
Select the expiry date in the Expiry field.
When the custom banner is past the expiry date, users will no longer see the custom message. If they close the banner message, they won't be able to see it again even if the message hasn't expired yet.
- Click Save in the upper right of the page to commit your changes.
Handling Conflicts with Multiple Banners
- SAP maintenance countdown banner (before scheduled maintenance).
- SAP custom banner message.
- Your own custom banner notification message (this feature).
- SAP maintenance banner (during scheduled maintenance).
- SAP What's New banner (after a scheduled update).