Creating Blended Charts
You can create charts with data from multiple models.
You have already set up linked dimensions between models. For more information on linked dimensions, see Link Dimensions Across Multiple Models.
If you are using live data models for blending, additional prerequisites and setup may be required. For more information, see Blend Data.
- Add a chart to your story.
In Builder, select measures and dimensions from the
The primary model is selected by default in the Data Source list. The primary model is the model used to create the table.
Linked dimensions will have a (Link) icon.
Under Data Source, select a secondary model.
If no other models are listed, select Add Linked Model and then select a model from the list.
(Optional) Select a new Link Type from the list. There are three
- All primary data – Allows all data in the primary model, and corresponding data in a secondary model to appear in the chart.
- All data – Allows all data in the primary and secondary model to appear in the chart. (This option isn't available when linking on hierarchies.)
- Intersecting data only – Allows only linked data to appear in the chart.
Select additional measures or dimensions.
Measures and dimensions that belong to the primary model are indicated by a blue dot.
- Repeat steps 3 to 5 for all models that you want to use in the chart.