Import Data Connection to Salesforce
You can create a connection that allows you to import data from salesforce.com (SFDC).
A valid SFDC account is required to import data from SFDC to SAP Analytics Cloud. If you want to use OAuth for authentication and authorization, a proper setup on SFDC is required to enable the OAuth connection. For more information, see the OAuth 2.0 on Force documentation.
If your SAP Analytics Cloud system is hosted on a data center located within China, this feature is not available.
- Go to
.The Select a data source dialog will appear.
- Expand Acquire Data and select Salesforce Connector.
- In the Salesforce Connector dialog, do the following:
- Enter a name for the connection.
- Select the type of authentication you want to configure.
There are two types of authentication for the Salesforce Connector: Basic Authentication and OAuth2 Authentication.
- Enter the information required for the type of authentication you chose to configure.
To configure a Basic Authentication, enter the Authorization URL, Username, and Password for your SFDC account. The authorization URL is used for accessing the web service to the third party application to access your user's data.
To configure an OAuth2 Authentication, enter the Authorization URL, Client ID, and Client Secret. Copy the Callback URI and paste it in your SFDC setup page.
The Authorization URL defaults to https://login.salesforce.com/services/oauth2/authorize. The Client ID and Client Secret can be found in your SFDC setup page.
- Choose OK.
If you chose to configure an OAuth2 Authentication, follow the steps on the screen to finish creating the connection.The new connection is added to the list of connections on the Connections screen.
- If you want to create a model based on this connection, see Creating a Model from Salesforce Data.