Creating a Model from a Live Data Connection
You can create a new analytic model from a live data source.
A live data connection to another system is required. The system administrator will create live data connections using the Connections page in SAP Analytics Cloud.
If you want to perform geospatial analysis in your model, then you must manually prepare your data for geospatial analysis in the connected system using SAP HANA Studio.
Access to other systems is usually secured by user ID and password.
- From the () Main Menu, select .
- Select .
- Choose a System Type.
NoteIf you're creating a model from an SAP S/4HANA live data connection, choose the SAP BW system type.
- Then select a specific live data Connection.
You will be prompted to enter the user ID and password to access the selected system. This makes a connection to the target system and reads the list of views that are available.
- Select the Data Source.
If you know the name of the data source, you can type or paste it in. Or, you can select the icon to search for a data source or choose one from a list. The first 100 views are preloaded in the list. NoteThe model must be created based on a query or view that contains a measure.
- Enter the Name and Description for the new model that will be created, and click OK.
- If you need to build a query, do so by dragging data from the Available Data list to the Selected Data and Filters areas.
Select OK when you've finished building the query.
- If the data from your data source comes in different versions (Actuals, Budget, Planning, Forecast, Rolling Forecast), select the (Version Information) icon on the toolbar to specify the version information.
Then, select the column from your data source that contains the version information, and then specify the relevant category for each version of your data, such as Actuals, Budget, Planning, Forecast, or Rolling Forecast.
If you're using this model in a story, the data will be automatically filtered on Actuals and you can create variance charts with the different categories.
- Save your model.
If you have imported a model containing geographical data from an SAP HANA system, some geospatial analysis features such as map filters will be automatically disabled.
If you import a location-enabled model from a live HANA calculation view, you will need to add multiple location dimensions to the new model. For more information, see Creating Geo Spatial Models from HANA Calculation Views.