Using the APOS Live Data Gateway
The APOS Live Data Gateway provides live data connectivity from SAP Analytics Cloud to an expanded set of on-premise data sources and cloud data sources.
Data provided through APOS Live Data Gateway is kept safely behind the firewall, with no data replication or data upload requirements, and no need to re-create or duplicate data models or data security.
The APOS Live Data Gateway is available on the SAP App Center.
- Relational Data Sources: Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, IBM DB2, Sybase IQ, Sybase SQL Anywhere, MySQL
- Data Appliances: Teradata, Netezza
- OLAP: Oracle Essbase, Microsoft Analysis Services
- Cloud: Oracle Exadata, Redshift on AWS, MongoDB Atlas, Google BigQuery, Microsoft SQL Server on Azure, Microsoft Analysis Services on Azure, Microsoft Data Lake, AWS S3
- NoSQL and Hadoop type data sources: MongoDB, Hadoop, etc.
- Legacy SAP: SAP BW version 7.3 and up, UNV/UNX Universes on SAP BI 4.1 SP6 and up
The process for building and using a live data connection with the APOS Live Data Gateway is simple, straight-forward, and aligned with the process for building and using a SAP HANA live data connection. However, SAP HANA is not required.
For more information, see APOS Live Data Gateway - Technical Resources.
An APOS View is a semantic layer that identifies measures and dimensions for non-OLAP data sources, as such data sources do not natively indicate them. APOS Views are simple for DBAs or Analysts to build and shield end users from the need to write SQL, know how to join database tables, or understand complex data structures.
For more information on how this solution enables live data connectivity and expanded data source options, see APOS Live Data Gateway - Technical Resources.
APOS Systems Inc. is an SAP Partner focused on business intelligence and analytics solutions. APOS develops, sells and supports solutions that enhance and extend the capabilities of the SAP BusinessObjects and SAP Analytics Cloud platforms, delivering strong value to hundreds of customers globally. APOS solutions for SAP Analytics Cloud expand data connectivity options, and provide content bursting and distribution capabilities.