Live Data Connection to SAP BW Using a Tunnel Connection
Setup the SAPCP Cloud Connector between your SAP BW or SAP BW/4HANA system and SAP Analytics Cloud to establish a live tunnel connection.
- Users with Create, Read, Update, Delete and Maintain permissions for the Connections privilege.
- Users with Execute permission for the Other Data Sources privilege.
- Admin, Application Creator, BI Content Creator, BI Admin, and Planner Reporter standard application roles.
- Setting up a live connection requires working with the SAP Analytics Cloud system owner and different IT and application stakeholders within your organization. Most configuration steps are done on your SAP NetWeaver ABAP Application Server (AS) before creating the connection in your SAP Analytics Cloud tenant.
- Check that you are using a supported version
of SAP BW. For more information, see System Requirements and Technical Prerequisites.Note
Additional correction notes must be applied for some versions of SAP BW. For more information, see SAP Note 2541557
- Configure SSL on your SAP NetWeaver ABAP AS. For more information, see Configuring SAP NetWeaver AS for ABAP to Support SSL, and SAP Note 510007.
Configure cross-site cookies: To ensure that Chrome and other browsers allow cross-site access to your SAP on-premise data source cookies from SAP Analytics Cloud, you must configure your SAP on-premise data source to issue cookies with specific attributes. Without these settings, user authentication to your live data connections will fail, and Story visualizations based on these connections will not render.
For steps on how to do this, see SameSite Cookie Configuration for Live Data Connections.
- Setup SSO (optional): If you want users to have a single sign-on experience to your data, check you are using same Identity Provider (IdP) for SAP Analytics Cloud and SAP NetWeaver. For more information on setting up your identity provider in SAP Analytics Cloud, see Enabling a Custom SAML Identity Provider.
- If you have multiple authentication methods configured on your ABAP AS, see Alternative Logon Order.
Enable InA on your ABAP Application Server
SAP Information Access (InA) is a REST HTTP-based protocol used by SAP Analytics Cloud to query your data sources in real time. Confirm that your InA package is enabled and services are running on the ABAP AS for your data source.
Check that your InA package is enabled.
To check if the Ina package is enabled, open the following URL in your browser: https://<Your_ABAP_Server>/sap/bw/ina/GetServerInfo?sap-client=<Your_Client_ID>. Make sure you are prompted for user credentials, and after login you get a JSON response. Replace <Your_ABAP_Server> with your ABAP system host, and <Your_Client_ID> with your SAP BW client ID.
Check that the required Information Access Services are active in your SAP
BW/4HANA or SAP BW system.
- Access your system using SAP Logon.
- Enter transaction code: SICF.
Enter the Service Path: /sap/bw/ina and then
The following dialog will appear:
- Under Virtual Hosts/Services go to: .
Make sure that the following services are active:
BatchProcessing GetCatalog GetResponse GetServerInfo Logoff ValueHelp
Configure SAPCP Cloud Connector Tunnel Connection
Create the Live Connection in SAP Analytics Cloud
Now that you've configured your data source, you can finally create the live conection in SAP Analytics Cloud.
From the side navigation, choose
The Select a data source dialog will appear.
- Expand Connect to Live Data and select SAP BW.
In the dialog, enter a name and description for your
The connection name cannot be changed later.
- Set the connection type to Tunnel.
- Add your data source's host name, HTTPS port, and Client.
(Optional) Choose a Default Language from
This language will always be used for this connection and cannot be changed by users without administrator privileges.NoteYou must know which languages are installed on your data source system before adding a language code. If the language code you enter is invalid, SAP Analytics Cloud will default to the language specified by your system metadata.
Under Authentication Method select one of the following:
NoteTo enable single sign-on for the mobile app, see SAP Cloud Connector-based Mobile Single Sign-On.
- User Name and Password - Enter a user name and password for your data source system. Only the user whose credentials you added will have access to the live data connection.
- SAML Single Sign On - Select this option if you've completed the necessary prerequistes and steps for SSO outlined in the rest of this article.
- Select OK.