Import Data Connection to SAP SuccessFactors
You can create a connection that allows you to import models from SAP SuccessFactors.
A valid SAP SuccessFactors account is required to import data into SAP Analytics Cloud. A proper setup on SAP SuccessFactors is also required to enable the connection. For more information, see the HXM Suite OData API documentation in the SAP SuccessFactors platform Product page.
When registering the OAuth Client Application on the SAP SuccessFactors site, after Certificate Generation you need to download the certificate before selecting register. If you miss this step, you need to regenerate the X.509 Certificate and download the .pem file.
When editing a SAP SuccessFactors connection, you have to re-enter the certificate and other secure credentials.
- Go to
.The Select a data source dialog will appear.
- Expand Acquire Data and select SAP SuccessFactors.
- On the New SAP SuccessFactors Connection dialog, do the following:
- Enter a name for the connection.
- Enter the Service URL published during your SAP SuccessFactors configuration.
The service URL is based on the data center you are connecting to and can be found in the SAP SuccessFactors documentation: About HCM Suite OData APIs. NoteRemove the text /odata/v2 from the URL. For example, if your data center is Chandler1/HCM (DC4) you would use the following text in the service URL field: https://api4.successfactors.com
- Enter the SAP SuccessFactors User ID of the user you want to acquire data from.
The User ID must belong to an administrative user in SAP SuccessFactors and have Admin access to OData API and Manage OAuth2 Client Applications permissions.
- Enter the API Key used to connect to SAP SuccessFactors.
The API Key is the OAuth API Key. To locate the API Key, log on to SAP SuccessFactors, and go to Manage OAuth2 Client Applications.
- Under Private Key, select and upload the certificate file that you generated during the SAP SuccessFactors registration process.
NoteThe certificate file should be a .pem file.
- Enter your Company ID used by SAP SuccessFactors.
- Choose Create.
The new connection is added to the list of connections on the Connections screen.
- If you want to create a model based on this connection, see Importing SAP SuccessFactors Data to a New or Existing Model.