Exporting Data to OData Services
You can export transaction data in a model directly back to any remote applications - if the applications implement the OData protocol as required - once you've done planning and analytics in SAP Analytics Cloud. You can export data once, or on a recurring schedule.
Generally, you are using one single connection for importing and exporting data. But in this case, you need to create two connections: one for importing data to SAP Analytics Cloud and one for exporting data from SAC, which is described here. To import data to SAP Analytics Cloud, see Import Data Connection to an SAP BW or SAP BW/4HANA System.
- Execute action of Other Datasources
- Read action of the model and dimensions to be exported
- Create or Maintain action of a connection, or Read access to a shared connection created by others
For more information, see Permissions.
- Open the model whose transaction data you want to export.
- Switch to the Data Management screen.
- In the Export Jobs area, choose Export and select Export Data to OData Services.
- Choose a connection.
If no connections have been created, you can choose Create New Connection from the drop-down list. For detailed information, see Exporting Data Connection to OData Services. Click Next.
- On the left side of the Target Data Selection dialog, choose an application.
- Select the corresponding target fields in the target system that you want to export data to.
- Click Next. On the Mapping page, map SAP Analytics Cloud dimensions and measure to the corresponding target fields you selected in the previous step.
Please specify a default value for the target field in case you have no source dimension to map data to, and have chosen Not Mapped. Tip
If the target attribute names don't correspond to the column names in your SAP Analytics Cloud model, you can create an extra property column with names that match the ones in the target attribute. Exporting the data, you can map the new property column to the target attributes. Tip
Currently, each time you can only export one measure. If you want to export multiple measures to the target, you need to perform data export for each measure respectively. Note
The date dimension in SAP Analytics Cloud should have the same granularity as the date relevant field in the target. Only the calendar year will be exported to the target, regardless of the fiscal year settings.
- In the Source Filters area, filter all members of the dimensions that you want to export. If you choose a single base member, only that value will be exported. If you specify more than one member or a parent member, the value will be aggregated during the export. If left empty, all the data in the dimension will be aggregated.
- Select Export blank values if you want to include any members whose name given by the property column is blank.
If you select this check box, choose a new name for these members using the Replace with field.
- Choose Next to define the scope of the export.
Note that if no target dimension is selected, you will enable a replacement, but no cleanup of exported data.
- Select Finish to complete the export.
You can continue to work on other tasks while the export runs in the background.
- If you want to schedule the execution of export jobs, follow these steps:
- Select an export job.
- Select (Schedule Settings), and choose between the following options:
Frequency Description None Select this option if you want to export the data manually. Once The export is performed only once, at a scheduled time. Repeating
The export is performed according to a recurrence pattern.
You can select a start and end date and time as well as a recurrence pattern.
- Select Save to save your scheduling settings.