Import Data Connection to SAP S/4HANA
You can create a connection that allows you to import data from SAP S/4HANA Cloud Edition or On-Premise exposed OData V2 services.
To connect to SAP S/4HANA On-Premise OData services, you must do the following:
- Install and configure the cloud connector.NoteThe cloud connector is not required for a connection to SAP S/4HANA Cloud Edition.
- The cloud connector is installed. For more information, see Installing the SAPCP Cloud Connector.
The cloud connector is configured. For more information, see Configuring the SAPCP Cloud Connector.
You must add the following system mapping information:
- Back-end Type: Select ABAP System.
- Protocol: Select HTTPS.
- (Optional) Virtual Host: The default virtual host and port are the internal host and port. You can rename the host and port so that the internal host name and port are not exposed. The virtual host name and port will be used when configuring the SAP Analytics Cloud agent.
- (Optional) Virtual Port: The port number used by the virtual host.
- Internal Host: Add the host name of your SAP S/4HANA On-Premise system.
- Internal Port: The port number used by your SAP S/4HANA On-Premise system..
- SAProuter: Leave empty.
- Principal Type: Select None.
- SNC Partner Name: Leave empty.
- (Optional) Description: Add a system description.
- Develop and enable OData service through the SAP Gateway. Please refer to the following
documents: NoteIf you encounter issues configuring the SAP Gateway, see SAP Note 1797736 (SAP Gateway Troubleshooting Guide) for possible solutions.
To connect to SAP S/4HANA Cloud OData services, the necessary configuration is documented in scope item 1YB https://rapid.sap.com/bp/#/scopeitems/1YB.
The SAP Analytics Cloud agent doesn't need to be installed during the configuration process.
- To export data back to SAP S/4HANA Cloud, see Exporting Data to SAP S/4HANA.
- While OData exposes one-to-many navigation, SAP Analytics Cloud cannot follow these relationships because doing so would distort the measures at the parent level. OData v4.0 supports Lambda operators “any” and “all”, which can reduce the collection of children to a single Boolean value. For this to work, both the server and SAP Analytics Cloud must support OData v4.0.
- SAP Analytics Cloud supports OData Version 4.0. Logical Operators (such as Equal, Not Equal, Greater than, Greater than or equal, Less than, Less than or equal, Logical and, Logical or) are supported. Not logical negation, arithmetic operators, or functions are not supported.
- Embedded Complex types are not supported.
.The Select a data source dialog will appear.
- Expand Acquire Data and select SAP S/4HANA.
In the New SAP S/4HANA Connection dialog, do the following:
- In the Connection Information section, add a Connection Name and Description.
If you are connecting to an SAP S/4HANA on-premise system, select
Connect to an On-Premise OData service, and
then select the Location of your cloud connector
from the list.
Make sure to complete the prerequisites before connecting to an on-premise source. If this option is not selected, the driver will attempt to connect to a S/4HANA cloud data source.
Enter the Data Service URL published during your
NoteOnly the server address and port are required for both SAP S/4HANA Cloud and SAP S/4HANA On-Premise. For example, https://<S/4HANA SERVER> for SAP S/4HANA Cloud or https://<S/4HANA SERVER:PORT> for SAP S/4HANA On-Premise.
For SAP S/4HANA Cloud, SAP Analytics Cloud will connect to https://<S/4HANA SERVER >/sap/opu/odata/IWFND/CATALOGSERVICE;v=2/, if the gateway service is enabled. Otherwise, it will connect to https://<S/4HANA SERVER >sap/opu/odata/sap/API_CA_ODATA_CATALOG_SRV/. To verify that the page can be loaded in the browser without error, please load the page with your credentials from the browser.
For SAP S/4HANA On-Premise, SAP Analytics Cloud will connect to https://<S/4HANA SERVER:PORT>/sap/opu/odata/IWFND/CATALOGSERVICE;v=2/. To verify that the page can be loaded in the browser without error, please load the page with your credentials from the browser.
In the Data Service URL field, you can add extra url parameters to accommodate data-source-specific constraints on authentication. For example, you may pass in the saml2=disabled parameter to disable SAML, or sap-system-login-basic_auth=X to disable custom login. All parameters entered in the Data Service URL field (anything following "?" in the url) are only used for authentication and are ignored in data queries.
Depending on how your on-premise system is set up, you might need to add ?sap-client=<client-number> to the end of the URL when creating a connection to route to the OData client. If the OData client is the default one, then the connection will be created successfully without specifying the client number. Otherwise, you'll need to specify the client number.
- Select the authentication type.
Enter the User Name and
Password of the user you want to import data
NoteIf you want to share the credential details, select the option Share these credentials when sharing this connection. Otherwise, users will need to enter their own credentials in order to use the connection. If you don't share your credentials, users will be able to edit their credentials at any time without having to start a data acquisition process.
The new connection is added to the list of connections on the Connections screen.
- If you want to create a model based on this connection, see Importing S/4HANA Data to a New or Existing Model.