Import Data Connection to SAP HANA
How to create a connection that allows you to import models from SAP HANA views.
You have completed ONE of the following setup options:
- Performed setup using the SAP Analytics Cloud Agent Simple Deployment Kit. For more information, see SAP Analytics Cloud Agent Simple Deployment Kit.
NoteThe SAP Java Connector (JCo) must be installed using the instructions in the Post-Setup Guide included in the kit.
- Performed a manual setup of the following required components:
- The cloud connector must be installed. For more information, see Installing the SAPCP Cloud Connector.
- The SAP Analytics Cloud agent must be installed. For more information, see Installing SAP Analytics Cloud Agent.
- The SAP JCo must be installed. For more information, see Installing the SAP Java Connector (JCo).
- The cloud connector must be configured. For more information, see Configuring the SAPCP Cloud Connector.
- The SAP Analytics Cloud agent must be configured in SAP Analytics Cloud For more information, see Configuring SAP Analytics Cloud Agent.
- Go to
.The Select a data source dialog will appear.
- Expand Acquire Data and select SAP HANA.
- In the New SAP HANA Connection dialog, enter the following information:
- In the Connection Information section, add a Connection Name and Description.
- In the Datasource Configuration section, select the Location of your cloud connector from the list.
- Enter the Host name.
- Choose a TLS security option.
A TLS certificate is a digital certificate that authenticates the identity of a website. It is highly recommended that the TLS certificate be signed by a trusted certificate authority.
TLS Option Description None Communication with the SAP HANA database is not encrypted. Self-signed certificate All communication with the SAP HANA database is encrypted. However, this option is less secure than the certificate authority option. Signed by a certificate authority This is the recommended option for best security.
All communication with the SAP HANA database is encrypted. Also, the certificate is checked to verify whether it is signed by a trusted certificate authority, and if it isn't, the connection isn't established.
If you choose this option, you can then enter a different host name if you want to override the host name in the certificate.
- Enter the Instance Number.
- Choose Single Container or Multiple Container.
- Enter the User Name and Password for your SAP HANA system.
NoteIf you want to share the credential details, select the option Share these credentials when sharing this connection. Otherwise, users will need to enter their own credentials in order to use the connection. If you don't share your credentials, users will be able to edit their credentials at any time without having to start a data acquisition process.
- Choose Create.
The new connection is added to the list of connections on the Connections screen.