Importing Preconverted Actuals from a File
Import preconverted actuals from a file, and use them in a story.
Create a new model from an existing data file; for example an Excel
NoteThe data should not yet contain preconverted actuals, because the model is not yet configured to accept preconverted actuals. If the Excel worksheet contains a column of preconverted actuals data, temporarily delete that column before importing the file.
- During data integration, before saving your model, select Enable Planning if you want the option to add Currency Conversion later, in stories.
- Select Create Model before doing any mapping.
- Switch to the Model view.
Facts), select all members, and then select
This temporarily clears the model data so that you can switch on currency conversion.
Select the dimension that separates the data into different currencies, and
then in the Dimension Settings panel, under
System Properties, switch on Enable
For example, this dimension could be an Organization dimension, or a generic Source Currency dimension. For more information, see Dimension Settings.
Open the model preferences, and on the Currency tab,
switch Currency Conversion ON.
NoteYou can change this setting only when no data is loaded into the model.
Set the model's Default Currency.
NoteChoose the currency that your preconverted actuals have been converted to.
- Choose a currency rates table.
- Switch Preconverted Actuals ON, and select OK.
Select the Account dimension, and choose values for the Account
Type, Rate Type, and Units
& Currencies properties, for all members in the
Set the value for Units & Currencies to Currency.NoteIf you have many members in the Account dimension, it can be impractical to set the Currency value for each member individually.
An alternative method is to prepare your data file by adding Account Type, Rate Type, and Units & Currencies columns in your file, and then when you import the file, map those columns to the Account dimension. As long as the Update dimension with new values mapping option is selected (it's selected by default when importing data), you can load those values for all members at once. For more information, see Preparing Data.
- Select the Organization dimension, and fill in the values for the Currency property for all members in the dimension.
- Save the model.
Import the data from the file again.
Choose the data file that contains the preconverted currency data.
Select the imported data from the Draft
Sources list, and map the data to the model's dimensions.
First, map the account dimension (must be actuals). After you've mapped the account dimension, the Measures card can be expanded to two cards: Local Currency (also known as source currency) and Default Currency. Drag the preconverted actuals data to the Default Currency card, and the standard measure data to the Local Currency card.
See Preparing Data for details on mapping data.
Select Finish Mapping, and then save your model.
After creating the model, you'll typically create a story with a table to include the preconverted actuals.
- From the () Main Menu, select .
- Add a canvas to the story, and add a table to the canvas.
- Choose your new model as the data source for the table, and select OK.
- Select the table, and then open the (Builder) panel.
- Under Add Measures/Dimensions. , select
- Select Cross Calculations.
- Point to the calculation you just added, and select (Manage Filters).
- In the Available Members list, you can select both the source currency and preconverted data members to include both in your table.