About Input Tasks
You can create an input task that requests colleagues to provide additional data.
Input tasks are used to gather feedback or additional information from colleagues. A task is created and sent to the colleague, who adds the requested information and then returns the task.
- Is on a Canvas page or a Responsive page.
- Uses a Planning model.
- Is based on a model that has either one or more dimensions with responsible users assigned
to the dimension members, or at least with the
Responsible setting enabled so that a user can be
set as responsible on the input task Summary page by
selecting a substitute under Available
Assignees.ExampleFor example, the model may have an Organization dimension with users responsible for different regions or departments, and a Product dimension with users responsible for different groups of products.
- Has one active private version.
Your table can include the Cross Calculations dimension and restricted measure calculations. The assignee fills in numbers for the restricted calculations, including adding numbers to unbooked cells.
If you include a value driver tree based on the same model as the table, the assignee can also provide input by performing simulations on the value driver tree.
When the task is created, a Summary page is added to your story.
After you have created the task, you can review its status by browsing to, and then selecting the task.
You can also review the input task in the Calendar. The calendar view of the input task shows dates, people assigned to the task, and a Context section that lets you see which model is used for the task.
- The private version that you create uses the same currency as your source version.
- The person that creates the task sees the data in the initial currency.
- The assignees see data in the currency of the organization they are responsible for.