Import Data Connection to an SAP Universe
You can create a connection that allows you to import an SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform universe (UNX).
You are connecting to a supported version of SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform. For information on supported versions, see System Requirements and Technical Prerequisites.
You have completed ONE of the following setup options:
- Performed setup using the SAP Analytics Cloud Agent Simple Deployment Kit. For more information, see SAP Analytics Cloud Agent Simple Deployment Kit.
- Performed a manual setup of the following required components:
- The cloud connector is installed. For more information, see Installing the SAPCP Cloud Connector.
- The SAP Analytics Cloud agent is installed. For more information, see Installing SAP Analytics Cloud Agent.
- The cloud connector is configured. For more information, see Configuring the SAPCP Cloud Connector.
- The SAP Analytics Cloud agent is configured in SAP Analytics Cloud. For more information, see Configuring SAP Analytics Cloud Agent.
- Go to
.The Select a data source dialog will appear.
- Expand Acquire Data and select SAP Universe.
- In the New SAP Universe Connection dialog, enter the following information:
- A name and a description for the connection.
- In the Connection Information section, select the Location of your cloud connector from the list.
- Enter a System, User Name, Password.
For the System name, enter the Central Management Server name and port: cms_machinename(:cms_port). For example, my_cms.my_company:6400.
- Select the Authentication Type: Enterprise, LDAP, Windows AD, or SAP.
- Choose Create.
The new connection is added to the list of connections on the Connections screen.
- If you want to create a model based on this connection, see Importing SAP Universe Data to a New or Existing Model.