A model is a representation of the business data of an organization or business segment. You can use a model as the basis for your story. Use the Modeler to create, maintain, and load data into models.
Models complement datasets. Datasets are more suitable for ad-hoc analysis, while models are more suitable for governed-data use cases.
If you're not sure whether to use a dataset or a model for your story, this might help you decide: Models vs. Datasets.
If you're more interested in datasets, not models, see Datasets.
- Creating a New Model
- Deleting a Model
- Deleting Data from a Model
- Importing Data to a New or Existing Model
- Preparing Data
- Creating a Parent-Child Hierarchy
- Creating a Level-Based Hierarchy
- Exporting Data
- Copying a Model
- Creating Points of Interest
- Importing Preconverted Actuals into a New Model
- Importing Preconverted Actuals from a File
- Adding Missing Rates in a Currency Table
- Hiding Accounts or Measures
- Changing a Model's Data Source
- Updating and Scheduling Models
- View Import Job Mapping and Transforms
- Using models in SAP Add-Ins for Microsoft Office