You select and configure components for the following reasons:
● As a prerequisite for end-to-end monitoring.
The configuration takes place in the Runtime Workbench
● The monitoring server must be maintained correctly in the exchange profile.
● The components to be selected must be maintained correctly in the System Landscape Directory.
You can select and configure SAP components only.
● Each component requires the user PIRWBUSER.
1. On the Runtime Workbench start page, choose Configuration.
2. Enter the logon data for the monitoring server.
This step is not necessary if you have set up Single Sign-On for your user.
3. Choose Display.
The system displays the components of your current domain. The Integration Server is selected as the default.
4. Select the other components that you want to use and configure them as sender or receiver, or both, depending on the component type.
5. Select the monitoring level that you want to use for each of the selected components.
The monitoring level determines which tracking agents are activated for the respective component and which monitoring data an active agent delivers.
For more information about tracking agents, see Process Monitoring Infrastructure (PMI).
6. If the component is a logical ALE system, you must make the following additional settings:
○ If you want to define the logical ALE system as the sender, choose a sender port from the corresponding dropdown list box, from which the messages will be sent to the Integration Server.
The Select More Ports action appears. If you want to select additional sender ports from another table, choose this action.
○ If you want to define the logical ALE system as the receiver, choose a receiver port from the corresponding dropdown list box, to which the messages will be sent from the Integration Server.
To be able to select ALE ports, they must have been already defined. More information: Defining Ports
7. Choose Save Configuration.
Monitoring is automatically activated when you save the configuration.
Saving deletes the old configuration and the corresponding monitoring data.
8. If you want to deactivate monitoring, choose Deactivate Monitoring.