Core Interface (CIF)
The Core Interface (CIF) is the interface that enables data to be exchanged between an ERP system, in other words, SAP R/3, SAP R/3 Enterprise, orSAP ERP Central Component (SAP ECC) and a connected SCM system.
To make the relevant communication layer available in the ERP system, you must import a suitable SAP R/3 Plug-In up to and including SAP ECC 5.0. As of SAP ECC 6.0, CIF is an integrated part of the ERP system.
CIF provides the following central functions:
● Determine source and target systems within complex system environments
● Initial transfer of master data from the ERP system
● If your SCM system is SAP Advanced Planning and Optimization (SAP APO), CIF offers the following additional functions:
○ Transfer of planning-relevant transaction data and changes to transaction data
○ Return of planning results from SAP APO
● Tools for administering the data transfer
1. Setting up the system landscape and data transfer. To do this, an Implementation Guide is available in both the ERP and SCM systems. For more information, see:
2. Triggering the data transfer itself. For more information, see Data Transfer.
3. Administering the current operation. For more information, see Administration.