Creating the Organizational Plan
You must first make settings for external locations (see Making Settings for Locations and External Business Partners).
Apart from the very first user, create all other users using the Web applications, not transaction SU01.
1. Go to transaction SU01 and create an R/3 user.
2. Assign this user the administrator role SAP_BBP_STAL_ADMINISTRATOR.
3. As this administrator, create your organizational plan.
At the very least, you must create a root node for the organizational plan. The remaining organizational units can be created by the employees and managers themselves using the self-service Web application. We recommend that you define your organizational plan to at least departmental level, specify which organizational units are purchasing organizations and purchasing groups, and create the user master records for the managers of the departments using the Web application Manage Users:
a. In Customizing for Supplier Relationship Management (SRM), create the root organizational unit by choosing SRM Server ® Cross-Application Basic Settings ® Organizational Management ® Create Organizational Plan.
Remember to enter an address for the organizational unit.
You start to create the organizational plan in the IMG activity Create Organizational Plan (transaction PPOCA_BBP). After leaving this activity, you make changes to the organizational plan in the IMG activity Change Organizational Plan (transaction PPOMA_BBP).
b. Create the remaining organizational units.
If you define a company, purchasing organization, or purchasing group you have to select the corresponding indicator on the Function tab page.
You must enter an address for each organizational unit. If you fail to do so, the self-service Web transaction for creating users will not work!
4. Using the Web application, transaction Manage User Data, create user master records for the departmental managers (users with the role SAP_ BBP_STAL_MANAGER) and assign the managers to the relevant organizational units. Managers have three functions within the organizational plan:
¡ They assign users to organizational units.
¡ They either approve new users or specify a default role that renders approval unnecessary. If a default role is assigned, the approval process can be deactivated.
¡ They maintain important user attributes.
After the managers have been created via the Web application, check PPOMA_BBP to make sure that all the users have been attached to the appropriate organizational units. Make sure that the indicator is set for the Head of Own Organizational unit check box for each manager.
5. Create an organizational root node for your vendors in transaction PPOCV_BBP.
6. After creating your organizational plan, you can run a report to check that a business partner has been defined for each node in the organizational structure. In Customizing for Supplier Relationship Management, choose SRM Server ® Cross-Application Basic Settings ® Organizational Management ® Integration Business Partner – Organizational Management ® Match Up Organizational Units and Persons with Business Partners.
You first have to set up the integration with Organizational Management in Customizing for Supplier Relationship Management, by choosing SRM Server ® Cross-Application Basic Settings ® Organizational Management ® Integration Business Partner – Organizational Management ® Set Up Integration with Organizational Management. Note that you only have to do this if you use the HR replication method to set up the organizational structure instead of setting the structure up manually.
If errors occur for any of the organizational root nodes, select the node in the Object Overview screen (on the right side), and choose Start Resynchronization.
You first need to consider the error messages and correct them in PPOMA_BBP, for example, then you can execute the resynchronization.
We recommend that you define the attributes VENDOR_ACS (accounting system for the vendor) and VENDOR_SYS (system alias for vendor) at a high level in the organizational plan. In Customizing for Supplier Relationship Management, choose SRM Server ® Technical Basic Settings ® Define Backend Systems.
7. After creating your organizational structure, you can run a report to check that the attributes have been defined correctly for the individual applications allowed for the users: Transaction BBP_ATTR_CHECK or report BBP_CHECK_CONSISTENCY.
Examples of how the organizational structure might look after the administrator has finished creating the organizational units for the various departments and the user master records for the managers of these departments:
Extended Classic Scenario
Enhancing the Organizational Plan
To make the connection between purchasing organizations and purchasing groups more flexible, you can lessen the hierarchical restrictions of the organizational model by activating the BAdI Display of Input Helps, Search Helps, and Favorites and by using the IMG activity Influence Message Control to deactivate the checks in the method layer. In this case, the hierarchical restrictions only have default character.
In Customizing for Supplier Relationship Management choose SRM Server ® Business-Add-Ins (BAdIs) ® Interface Configuration ® Input Helps and Search Helps ® Display of Input Helps, Search Helps and Favorites, and choose SRM Server ® Cross-Application Basic Settings ® Message Control ® Influence Message Control.
Employees that are assigned to the line organization of the HR organizational model and simultaneously work as purchasers in an SRM purchasing organization can be assigned to the new relationship type Is Purchaser of.
In the Purchasing View of transaction PPOMA_BBP you have several possibilities to assign the purchaser to a purchasing group:
· Via drag and drop within the hierarchy
· Via drag and drop from the selection area into the hierarchy
· Using theAssign button and the search help to find the object to be assigned to the selected unit in the hierarchy