In a global rollout you define one or more templates containing scenarios, Blueprint documents and configuration, at head office.
You can decide which parts of the template are relevant to the subsidiaries, and whether, or to what extent, they can change the template in their rollout projects.
You transport the centrally-defined template to the subsidiaries. They use the template in an implementation project to implement solutions, following your guidelines.
You have created a template project in the Project Administration.
You have assigned a transportable package and a transport request of type 'Workbench Request' to this template project.
1. You create one or more templates in your template project, in the company headquarters Project Administration.
2. Set the Global Rollout Functionality is Active flag in the Templates tab in the Project Administration.
This means that the subsidiaries can change structures and business content from this template, within limits, in their local rollout project.
Assign values in the structure element
Global Attribute column, in the Structure tab in the Business
Blueprint, to specify whether each structure element is to be obligatory,
changeable, or not changeable for the subsidiaries.
For further information about the effects of the attribute value on a structure element at the subsidiaries, see The Global Attribute in Global Rollout.
4. To pass on the Global attribute to the subnodes of a structure element, select it in the Structure tab in the Business Blueprint, and choose Pass On Global Attribute.
To prevent inheritance of the Global attribute, choose the empty row from the possible entries help for the Global Attribute column, at scenario level.
5. Perform the activities required in the Business Blueprint phase, e.g. assign transactions and general documentation.
6. Perform the activities required in the Configuration phase, e.g. assign Business Configuration Sets.
7. If you want to implement the template in subsidiaries which have a different project language from that in the headquarters template project, translate the template.
8. Deliver the template.
1. Send the objects which you have created in the company headquarters component systems in the Solution Manager, to the subsidiaries’ component systems (see Transport a Template to Another System Landscape in Using a Template).
2. Send the template to the subsidiaries.
3. Import the template in the subsidiaries (see Importing the Template into the Target Systems in Using a Template).
You have centrally created and implemented a template for the uniform configuration of head office and subsidiaries.