Service Order Template
The template for the service order business transaction. As is the case with the service order, the service order template is used to map services in the system. A service order template enables you to define and store reusable service descriptions as a useful set of activities, products, services, and materials.
You can use a service order template to reduce the workload involved in creating new business transactions (documents). You create templates for standard service processing tasks, for example. You can:
· Copy templates to create new business transactions with the same object type
· Include templates in an existing business transaction (such as service confirmation or product service letter)
· Create a template as a follow-up document on the basis of an existing service order; business partner data is not transferred
You can copy a template only if it does not contain any errors, has the status is Released, and is currently valid.
The service order template can contain a large number of items and subitems. In the template, you can define a large number of values as attributes (conditions, price information, quantities, and so on). If you create a service order template on the basis of an existing service order, all the items that are not required for a general template, such as the sold-to party, are omitted.
The service order template describes only the scope of services of the planned activities and not the actual execution (when and for whom).
A service order template has the same data structure as the associated operative business transaction, that is, it consists of a header and items (and subitems) with a large number of sets and enhancements that are valid for the business transaction.
In a service order template, you cannot store any information about the sold-to party. For this reason, not all the functions of the service order transaction are available. You can enter information about the sold-to party in the relevant business transaction.
Three different views of the service order template are available:
Fast Entry view
In the Header Data view, you enter data that is valid for the entire transaction. The top screen area contains the transaction ID, the transaction description, and a pushbutton for changing the status. In the bottom screen area, you can enter an item. You define additional items in the Item Details view.
Item Details view
In the Item Details view, you can enter additional items on various tab pages (Overview, Services, and so on). On the tab pages in the bottom screen area, you maintain detailed information about the individual items, such as statuses and prices.
Transaction Data view
In the Transaction Data view, you enter detailed information about the header data, such as organizational data, actions, and partner data.
- A service order template is to describe the standard maintenance procedure for a vehicle of a specific type. The catalog for the standard maintenance procedure includes services (filter replacement, oil change, engine check) and materials (1 filter, 12.5 liters of oil).
- You use a service order template to plan a recall for a specific automotive category. The catalog for the recall contains the following activities: scheduled appointments with customer, repairs, confirmation to car manufacturer, and invoice for car manufacturer.
- An Engine Replacement service order template already exists. When planning a repair in detail, you have to arrange for the engine to be replaced. You include the Engine Replacement order template in the existing service process (in this case, a repair service order). The system then copies the items from the order template to the service process.