Solution Monitoring helps you to manage heterogeneous system landscapes efficiently.
You can manage:
● your systems and
● your business processes
in one tool.
This uniform overview guarantees high performance and availability of all your business processes across various systems and system components. The SAP Solution Manager provides predefined views and values in the function sessions.
● Configure your solution individually and specify which components are to be monitored (Solution Manager System Landscape).
● Use external management tools and services provided by SAP, e.g. the SAP EarlyWatch service, the optimization services and self service (Service Plan).
● Handle problem messages (Service Desk).
Solution Monitoring comprises:
1. for ABAP-based components:
Service level reporting guarantees continuous monitoring and reporting, based on weekly SAP EarlyWatch alerts.
The system monitoring guarantees the real time monitoring of all systems in a solution, based on the Computer Center Management System (CCMS).
○ Job Scheduling Management
Manage and document the background processing in your entire system landscape.
Business process monitoring guarantees the real time monitoring of all your business processes, based on a graphical overview. Like the system monitoring, it is based on the Computer Center Management System (CCMS).
2. for JAVA-based components:
3. for the Solution Manager system itself, Self-diagnosis.
Solution Monitoring monitors your solutions so that:
● core business processes run in accordance with the priorities of your company
● system unavailability and performance bottlenecks are avoided
● the operating costs of a solution are controlled