You want to perform the following actions with SAP EarlyWatch Alert services/documents:
● deactivate, to give a better overview of your SAP EarlyWatch Alert Services.
● activate, to check alert data.
To be able to archive data, you must have performed the configuration (transaction SPRO: SAP Netweaver ® Application Server ® Basis Services ® Archive Link).
1. Start the transaction SOLUTION_MANAGER.
2. Choose Solution Monitoring ® EarlyWatch Alert in the Operations screen.
You go to the overview of all SAP EarlyWatch Alert services.
3. Choose Inactive Services.
4. Select a service to save.
5. Choose Save Services.
You go back to the SAP EarlyWatch Alert overview screen. You go to the overview of saved Services with the pushbutton Repository.
1. Choose Repository.
2. Choose Retrieve Service to retrieve the SAP EarlyWatch Alert.
You go back to the overview screen. The retrieved SAP EarlyWatch Alert Service is in the overview: Archive Session.
You must save sessions before you can archive them.
Your archiving system is not part of the SAP environment. You must set-up an external archiving system (note 546685).
1. Choose Archive Services in the repository.
2. Specify a date and confirm your entries.
The system archives the sessions which are older than the specified date, with their attachments. The daily job RDARCH_CLEAN_DATABASE, deletes archived sessions and documents physically from the database. You can no longer open archived sessions. You can only display them.
You can schedule sessions for automatic archiving from the repository.
1. Schedule the job RDARCH_ARCHIVE_DATA_SOLMAN with transaction SM37.
You can schedule the job periodically, e.g. daily, to archive all sessions which are older than ten days.
2. The job archives sessions in the repository which are older than the specified age, with their attachments.
You can access any session in the archive.
You can display, but not change, saved sessions. When you archive sessions, the system saves them in an external repository and deletes them physically from the database. This reduces the size of the database.
You can save SAP EarlyWatch Alert services/documents and retrieve them from the repository. You can archive services.