You need the authorizations described in Authorization Concept to create projects in the SAP Solution Manager.
You are in the initial screen of the Project Administration transaction in the SAP Solution Manager.
1. Choose Project ® Create.
2. Enter a project name in the Create Project dialog box, and choose Continue.
The project name may contain a combination of letters and numbers up to 10 characters in length.
3. Select a Project Type.
See Project Types for an overview of the different project types and their use.
You cannot change the project type later, in the same project. To change the project type, e.g. if you have created an implementation project, but realize that you want to create templates with it, copy the project, and change the project type of the new project.
4. You can assign a solution landscape to the project.
If you create your project structure in the Business Blueprint phase, you can later put structure elements from the selected solution landscape in it.
5. Choose Continue.
You go to the Maintain Project screen.
6. Enter a meaningful project name and language.
7. Save the header data for your project.
8. Enter a name for the enhancement context in which the project documents are to be saved in the SAP Knowledge Warehouse, in the next dialog box.
9. Choose Continue.
10. For a template project, enter a package in which the project structure is to be saved, in the dialog box that appears.
The system copies the package specified here into the Transport Requests tab and uses it by default for subsequent changes to the scope or the project structure in the Business Blueprint. If you want to prevent this package being used later by default, delete it from the Transport Requests tab.
See Transport Requests for further information.
11. Save your entries.
The saved project is put in the SAP Solution Manager project overview. You can now specify header data for the project:
● General Data
● Project Team Members
● System Landscape
● Project Standards (status values, keywords, document types)
● Organizational Units
● Templates (only for template projects)
● Transport Requests (only for template projects)
● To change the header data for the project, select Project ® Change. You cannot change the project language after you have saved the header data for your project.
● You can distribute project header data changes to the component system project IMGs with Edit ® Distribute Project Header Data.