Technical name: SAP_SOL_TC_COMP
Technical consultants plan the technical requirements for a project with the project manager and the manager of the technical team and then carry out the required technical tasks in the system.
Depending on the scope and complexity of the implementation, technical consultants may work in several areas, for example, system administration, database administration, network administration, operating system administration, development of cross-application components, or ABAP development.
For international projects, technical consultants also manage consultancy in the following areas:
· Country-specific business requirements and country-specific SAP software requirements
· Language-specific or codepage-specific requirements
· Time-zone issues
Activities in SAP Solution Manager
The main responsibilities of the technical consultant include:
· Setting up and installing the system landscape
· Managing the system landscape and the corresponding transport landscape
· Providing support and advice in all technical questions during an implementation project
· Giving daily updates on the technical direction of the project including communicating deviations in the project
· Developing and realizing the Cutover Plan before going live
· Communicating effectively with the business process team
· Transferring knowledge effectively to employees in system administration
In order to be able to carry out these tasks, the technical consultant should meet the following requirements:
· A sound knowledge in the areas of databases, networks, programming and Internet technology
· A sound knowledge of the SAP solutions
Notes on Tailoring
The following roles are available for additional authorizations:
· SAP_BC_RRR_SAA_ADMIN provides the authorization for executing all the tasks in the System Administration Assistant.
The technical consultant acts as a system administrator and is responsible for installing systems and providing technical support to users, in contrast to the basis consultant who works under the instruction of the project manager and the application consultant and carries out programming tasks.