You generate the IMG projects in the component systems, to be able to go to the IMGs in the component systems, in the configuration.
When you generate the IMG projects, you distribute the following central project data into the component systems:
· Project standards:
¡ Status values which do not yet exist in the component system
· Project Team Members
· Country selection
You have assigned logical components to the project in the System Landscape tab. You now see the associated IMG projects, in the IMG Projects tab, i.e. all subprojects in the component systems which belong to your Solution Manager project.
The green and red traffic lights indicate whether Project IMGs have already been generated and distributed.
· Red (dot): Project does not yet exist
· Green (square): Project exists in the specified logical components and the assigned logical systems.
To generate and distribute a project:
1. Choose the system role for IMG Projects.
2. Select the IMG project and Create IMG Project.
The generation and distribution is started in the component systems.
When the Project IMGs are generated in the component systems, everything is initially set in scope.
As soon as the project exists, the green traffic light symbol appears. You also get a system message in the component system as soon as generation is finished.
3. To go to the project IMG later and regenerate, select the subproject and Change.
You go to the header data of the project.
To assign another IMG project from the component system instead of the default IMG project:
1. Select an IMG project.
2. Choose Replace.
3. Confirm the confirmation prompt.
4. Choose an IMG project from the list, and confirm the selection.
5. You can create a transport request in the subsequent dialog box. You can assign tasks in this request to other project team members.
6. Choose Continue to save your entries.
The newly-assigned IMG project appears on the IMG Projects tab.
You have distributed the project data into the component systems, and can now navigate in the component systems, in the configuration.