You want to create a transport request in the development system where your software changes have to be recorded.
· A maintenance cycle or an urgent correction exists whose status is Active.
· Your user profile contains at least the authorizations of the SAP_CM_SMAN_DEVELOPER role in the Change Request Management system.
If you execute this task from within a change request, you need at least the authorizations of the SAP_SOCM_DEVELOPER role in the Change Request Management system. If you execute this task from within the Schedule Manager, you need at least the authorizations of the SAP_CHANGEMAN_OPERATOR role in the satellite system.
The steps in this procedure refer explicitly to maintenance cycles; however, you can also use this procedure for urgent corrections. If you want to do so, select an urgent correction instead of a maintenance cycle.
You can also execute this task from within a change request. In this case, a transport request that contains default values is created.
To create a transport request from within a maintenance cycle, proceed as follows:
1. Call transaction /TMWFLOW/CMSCONF.
2. Choose Scheduling.
3. On the Mainten. Cycles tab page, select Display Existing Maintenance Cycles.
The system displays a list of the maintenance cycles whose status is Active (default setting). To select or activate cycles with other statuses, see Changing the Status of Task Lists.
4. Click the maintenance cycle for which you need to create a new transport request.
5. Under the task node of the development system, select Create Transport Request, and then start the action by clicking with the quick info text Execute task.
6. On the screen that appears, enter the owner of the request you want to create and a short text for the request. You can also add developers to whom you want to assign transport tasks within this request.
If you do not enter these parameters, a request is created that contains your user as the owner, a single task for your user, and a generated short description.
After the transport request has been created, the task list for the maintenance cycle is displayed again.
7. Check the status of your task. If you need more information about the task, check the application log in the Daily overview of the task list.
In the selected development system two transport requests (a workbench and a Customizing request) are created for the specified owner and developers.
In the case of urgent corrections, only one open workbench and one open Customizing request are permitted at any time.
The created transport requests are connected to the maintenance task list. The transport requests are provided with the transport request attributes SAP_CTS_PROJECT (which contains the CTS project ID) and SAP_TMWFLOW (which contains the task list ID of your task list).