Creating Billing Documents in Collective Processing
You can use this function to create billing documents in collective processing for a selected worklist of orders. Since the function normally processes a large worklist, it can only be executed in SAP background processing.
When you create orders, the system creates a billing index for each order item. The billing index is an entry in a system table that ensures that the order is included in billing. For example, if you cancel a billing document, billing can only be repeated for the order if you create a new billing index for it (option offered to you when canceling or separate function for canceled billing documents).
- All the necessary settings for billing (e.g. billing frequencies, subscription billing arrangements, billing types, payment cards, billing document transfer to Financial Accounting, bank returns etc.). IMG path: SAP Media ® Media Sales and Distribution
The pricing type must be defined in copying control (for document flow) for billing documents. The pricing type determines, for example, that prices are copied unchanged from the sales document for billing documents for renewal subscriptions or that pricing is repeated for unlimited subscriptions in the billing document.
- Accounting method for company code (German or Anglo-American); IMG path: SAP Media ® Media Sales and Distribution ® Periodical Sales and Distribution ® Revenue Deferral ® General Settings ® Definition of Accounting Method for Each Company Code.
- All the necessary settings for transferring revenue to Financial Accounting; IMG path: SAP Media ® Media Sales and Distribution ® Periodical Sales and Distribution ® Revenue Deferral ® Data Transfer to Financial Accounting ®
- All the necessary settings for output determination: output determination procedures with the corresponding output conditions and output condition records, assignment of output determination procedures to billing types etc. IMG path: SAP Media ® Basic Functions ® Output Determination ® Output Determination in Media Sales and Distribution ® ...
- Number range and parameters for invoice printing (IMG path: SAP Media ® Basic Functions ® Output Determination ® Output Determination in Media Sales and Distribution ® Additional Control Parameters ® Billing ® Definition of Number Range for Invoice Printing or Definition of Parameters for Invoice Printing)
- The following objects in the system form the basis for billing:
- Sales documents (for period-related advance billing)
- Deliveries (for delivery-related billing)
- Corresponding incoming payments must exist (in the customer accounts in Financial Accounting) for billing for renewal subscriptions.
- There must not be a billing block in the header or basic item data on the orders for billing.
The initial screen (selection screen) IS-M/SD: Collective Processing for Billing Documents appears.
- Sales area (sales organization, distribution channel, division)
- Data on billing control ("to" billing date, billing lead days, billing type, billing frequency, billing calendar, billing block, move of billing date)
- Order data (publication, payer, payment method, order number)
- If you want to execute the function in test mode, select the Test run indicator.
- Choose Program ® Execute in background.
The system creates a background job to execute the collective processing run and generates a log after it has been performed.