You can define the IBAN in the SAP system as a component of the bank details, and so use it for both domestic and foreign payment transactions.
When you change the master data of a customer in Accounts Receivable Accounting (FI-AR), you can, for example, create or change the IBAN direct using a pushbutton. A symbol on the pushbutton shows whether an IBAN has been entered for any bank details ( with quick info IBAN maintained) or not ( with quick info IBAN).
When you enter the IBAN, there are the following constellations:
● You know both the data for the country, bank key, and bank account number and the relevant IBAN. In this case, you can choose between the following alternatives:
○ You enter the country, bank key, and bank account number as new bank details and then choose with quick info IBAN. Depending on the system setting (see the messages detailed below), the system proposes the relevant IBAN and you have to check it, or else you have to enter the IBAN yourself.
○ You derive the data for the country, bank key, and bank account number from this IBAN. To do this, you place the cursor on an empty line and choose with quick info IBAN. In the dialog box IBAN Convertor, enter the IBAN and deselect the indicator Bank Account Number Unknown if the relevant field is shown. Then choose Generate Bank Details and check the data proposed for country, bank key, and bank account.
● You know the IBAN but not the bank account number:
○ You derive the data for the country and bank key from this IBAN. To do this, you place the cursor on an empty line and choose with quick info IBAN. In the IBAN Convertor dialog box, enter the IBAN and select the Account Number Unknown checkbox. After confirming your entry, check the data proposed for country and bank key.
Prerequisite: in Customizing you have activated the use of the IBAN without a bank account number. For more information, see the Activate IBAN without Bank Account Number activity in the Implementation Guide (IMG) for Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable.
For further information about the setting options for the IBAN, see the documentation for messages 024, 025, and 026 of message class BF00.